Tan Kim Seng & Partners was established in 1970 by the late Mr. Tan Kim Seng, J.P., B.B.M., P.B.M., a former Public Prosecutor and State Counsel.
With more than 50 years in the industry, our lawyers and staff have a wealth of experience and is highly regarded and widely known in Singapore.
Through the years the firm has grown based on the development of close and lasting ties with its clients.
The firm has built up a varied practice encompassing the core areas of legal practice in Singapore and offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of our clients. Our main areas of practice are:
- Sale, purchase and refinancing of private properties, HDB flats, shophouses, commercial properties, JTC and private factories, food courts and hawker stalls. The Firm is experienced in the handling of all aspects of conveyancing practice and is also familiar with en-bloc sales, development projects, joint venture developments and other related arrangements with the developers.
- Preparing of Power of Attorney for sale, purchase and rental of private properties and HDB flats
- Preparing of General Power of Attorney and Lasting Power of Attorney
- Application for use of Central Provident Fund (CPF) monies for purchase of properties, housing loan repayment, monthly instalment repayment of loan and legal and stamp fees. We are on the CPF Board’s panel of law firms since 1981
- Bank loan – acting for banks and borrowers in all types of loans including housing loans, construction loans, terms loan and overdraft facilities. We act for all the major banks in Singapore including OCBC, UOB, DBS, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank, HSBC, CIMB
- Lease/ Tenancy – preparing and advising on tenancy agreements, leases for residential, commercial and industrial properties and food court stalls and advising on rental areas recovery and tenancy related disputes and claims
- Employment & immigration – advising on employment contracts, employment passes, social visit passes and related disputes and offences
- Family Law – divorce, claim for maintenance and custody issues, preparation of separation deed, adoption/guardianship of children
- Motor and industrial accident and personal injury claims (including workmen’s compensation), acting for claimants, defendants and insurers
- Wills, Trust and Probate – drafting of Wills, applying for Grant of Probate, Letters of Administration and related matters
- Civil cases (in both High Court and Subordinate Court) – representing parties in all civil suits including debt recovery, defamation, contract dispute, sale of good and services, private summonses and construction claims. Our litigation team have acted (with successful outcomes) for property developers, banks and finance companies in Singapore in a wide array of cases in the Subordinate Courts, High Court and Court of Appeal involving disputes relating to bankruptcy and insolvency, landlord and tenant, land law, banking building and construction, motor accidents, workmen’s compensation, etc.
- Contracts / Agreements – preparing joint venture agreements, licensing and franchising agreement and other agreements
- Intellectual Property – registration of trade marks and patents, advising on infringement claims, copyright and passing off